Anchorage, Alaska – March 9, 2018 – Alaskans Together for Equality (Alaskans Together) Alaska’s largest membership-based statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) civil rights organization, announced its endorsements for the upcoming 2018 Municipal and Anchorage School Board Election today. ATE board conducted the selection of candidates for endorsement based on candidate survey responses submitted to the organization.
“Alaskans believe in justice, fairness, and equality, and Alaskans have a right to know if candidates for public office are committed to these fundamental principles in Anchorage,” said Elias Rojas, Alaskans Together board president. “Alaskans Together is honored to endorse those candidates who have committed to ensuring the promise of our great state remains within the reach of all Alaskans.”
Alaskans Together have endorsed the following candidates and proposition:
- Ethan Berkowitz (https://ethanforanchorage.com/)
Anchorage School Board
- School Board E – Tasha Hotch (https://www.votetashahotch.com/)
- School Board F – Deena Mitchell (https://votedeena.com/)
- School Board G – Irene Weisman (http://voteireneweisman.com)
- Proposition 1 - NO VOTE (http://www.fairanchorage.org/)
IMPORTANT: This upcoming municipal election is a VOTE BY MAIL election. Ballots begin to drop starting Tuesday, March 13 and must be mailed in or hand-delivered by Election Day - Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
BALLOT DROP BOXES ARE CONVENIENTLY LOCATED ACROSS ANCHORAGE:
All ballots must be dropped in boxes by 8pm on April 3rd.
- Anchorage School District Education Center, 5530 East Northern Lights Boulevard
- Bartlett High School, 1101 Golden Bear Drive
- Clark Middle School, 150 Bragaw Street
- Dimond High School, 2909 West 88th Avenue
- Fairview Community Recreation Center, 1121 East 10th Avenue
- Loussac Library, 3600 Denali Street
- Service High School, 5577 Abbott Road
- Spenard Community Recreation Center, 2020 West 48th Avenue
- UAA Alaska Airlines Center, 3550 Providence Drive
- Eagle River Town Center, 12001 Business Boulevard
- Girdwood Community Center, 250 Egloff Drive
- South Anchorage High School, 13400 Elmore Road
Help spread the word by sharing this announcement on social media. You can use the button below.
This communication is paid for by Alaskans Together For Equality, Inc., P.O. Box 202453, Anchorage, AK 99520. Elias Rojas, president approves this message. This NOTICE TO VOTERS is required by Alaska law. I certify that this communication is not paid for, or approved by any candidate or candidate’s committee.